8 June 2010

08/06/10 - Lucerne - Switzerland

There are old ski gondolas at the hotel that have been converted with Playstations for the kids and there is also a Lego playland so the kids are well catered for. We caught the train into Lucerne Central to spend the day on foot. We caught a ferry to Weggis enjoying the spectacular scenary that the pictures I post could never do justice. Then we caught the Rigi-Bahn (cogged wheel train) to Rigi Kulm where again we had lunch against one of natures best backdrops. Walked back down for about an hour until we reached the gondola which held about 40 people and took us the rest of the way. I have to admit I had reservations as visions of this thing falling from its flimsy wire worried me. I was even more worried on the way down but I lived to tell the story. We just missed the return ferry so Finn and I played a couple of games of chess using those over-sized pieces found in parks. We then listened to a quartet playing German music before catching the next ferry and getting saturated in a storm returning from the train station. Another busy day as I suspect tomorrow will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment