3 May 2010

03/05/10 - Paris

Left Folkstone for Dover by taxi. Then onto the ferry - Pride of Kent - for Calais. The Channel was very rough and the ferry had to use its stabilizers. I was quite close to throwing up my brekky as was Finn. From here we picked up our left hand drive car rental thanks to Pam orgainising this for us. We drove about 3hours to Ferrieres-en-Brie - Paris France. It will take a while to get used to driving on the other side of the road in a left hand drive car and changing gears with my right hand. - Karinne tells me I am driving too close to vehicles on the right but overall so far so good. We made a quick video of the kids that can be viewed here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPpTHP2Cpo&sns=em

1 comment:

  1. HI Michael and family,
    I'm loving reading all about your trip. The castles are unreal, and I too remember how they are everywhere. I forgot how much I liked Scotland and Loch ness till you describe it in such a nice way. You are going to love Paris. If you get a chance see if you can do a tour on the Palace of Versailles. It's out of this world. Your blog is great and it will keep the memories and challenges you had to face with children alive and you will be able to hold it against them when they are older. Here's to smooth sailing/travelling from now on. Cheers Gai Luff

    ReplyDelete